It’s that time again. The Sir Julius Vogel Awards are open for nominations until 15th February. Anyone can nominate – it’s a simple matter of sending an email to email@example.com. I’d be particularly happy with nominations for my novella, ‘This Other World’, which I think was my best published work this year, but here’s a full list should you feel inclined to read, and perhaps nominate. All these were written under the name Anna Caro – which I suggest you use for clarity’s sake.
I have three stories eligible for nominations in the Short Story category:
- ‘Built in a Day’, published at Luna Station Quarterly
- ‘Splintering’, published in the Regeneration anthology from Random Static
- ‘The Character of 82 James Street’, published in the Baby Teeth anthology from Paper Road Press
One eligible for the Novella/Novelette category:
- ‘This Other World’, published in the Crossed Genres anthology Winter Well.
And an anthology (collected work) I co-edited.
- Regeneration, published by Random Static
Also, every single story in Regeneration is eligible as far as I’m aware. ‘In a World Full of Birds’, ‘Evacuation’ and ‘Cave Fever’ are novellas; all others are short stories, although ‘The Spectre Spectrum’ is on the borderline – we suggest you nominate as a short story and allow the awards administrators to make a decision as they deem appropriate.
I’m keeping an eye out for other people’s work, but if you have something you think I should, feel free to point me to it. No promises, but I always like to hear what’s out there.